Support Striking Northern
Rail Train Guards
Northern Rail Train Guards are here to help you. Train Guards are safety critical staff, vital to ensuring passengers have a safe, secure and accessible railway.
• We help passengers in the event of an emergency such as a derailment, evacuation or fire.
• We help provide security and assurance, especially for vulnerable passengers.
• We help many older and disabled passengers on and off trains and during their journey.
• We help provide expert travel advice to improve your journey.
The Secretary of State for Transport Chris Grayling wants to end the help we provide. He has told Arriva Rail North to remove Guards and introduce Driver Only Trains.
We are fighting these plans and have taken many days strike action and are suffering financial hardship.
We need your practical and political help if we are going to win.
Help us… so we can carry on helping you
• Please donate to our dispute fund to support Northern Guards via Unity Trust Bank, Account name RMT Arriva Rail North Dispute Fund, Account number:20398721, Sort Code: 60-83-01
• Please contact us to invite a speaker to your union branch or region or community group.
• Write to your MP using the model letter above.
• Watch our film unguarded see abovee
• Circulate this appeal in your workplace and communities.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT